Tacalyx GmbH, located with its laboratories in the center of Berlin is focusing on the development of novel treatments for different cancer indications with high medical need. Our development candidates target highly specific tumor-associated carbohydrates (TACAs) that represent a novel class of cancer antigens.
For our highly motivated research team we are looking for immediate support by a
Senior Scientist/Group Leader Biochemistry (m/f)
You will be responsible for the planning and execution of projects and necessary experiments and reporting of your results to your line manager.
As an enthusiastic and self-motivated scientist, you will be involved in the discovery and preclinical development of highly novel therapeutic proteins. The position requires a PhD in biochemistry or biological sciences with extensive hands-on experience in the expression, purification and characterization of recombinant proteins. Main tasks of this position are:
- Cloning and expression of recombinant proteins
- Development and conduction of purification schemes
- Biochemical characterization and analysis of proteins
- Set-up and conduction of molecular biologic methods (e.g. ELISA, Western Blot)
- Preparation and review of scientific reports
- Keeping up to date with scientific literature, advancements in the field and new technologies relevant to the project
- Interaction with project teams and external parties
- PhD in the field of biological sciences with recent, extensive research laboratory experience
- Strong background in antibody technologies and biochemical characterization
- Direct experience in Molecular Biology techniques relevant for recombinant protein expression
- Hands-on experience with preparative protein chromatography is mandatory. Knowledge in HPLC-based method development would be an asset
- Knowledge in mammalian cell culture is expected (transient and stable expression of recombinant proteins)
- 2+ years of relevant experience in academics or industry
- Knowledge of carbohydrate biology would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both in German and English
We offer a competitive salary as well as excellent opportunities for professional and personal development. If you are self-driven, interested to work in a professional and ambitious field and your background and personal experience fits this profile, please send us your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a cover letter, your CV and your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectation. EU visa and/or working permission is required.